I’m currently working with an Early Phase Unit in London who are seeking a Biochemist/ Molecular Biologist to assist with Assays and Method Development and Validation on a contract basis of an initial 6 months.
The role is due to start immediately, will be based in North West London and rates are dependant on candidate’s experience.
The client are seeking an experienced Biochemist to help the lab department develop and validate new assays.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Researching and developing new assays and analytical methods; reading scientific and medical literature
- Advising the Head of Laboratory Services on assay design and methodology
- Developing and maintaining HPLC and molecular diagnostic capabilities within the analytical laboratory
- Validating new assays to the appropriate industry standard
- Writing and reviewing validation plans and reports
- Understanding the general principles of study design, and being familiar with study protocols
- Supporting the quality control process of the pharmaceutical manufacture procedures
- Writing and reviewing laboratory SOPs
- Training staff in laboratory techniques and procedures
- Collecting and preparing data for costing laboratory processes
- Assisting to select, purchase and set up laboratory equipment
- Assisting to manage study-specific projects as required
- Being thoroughly familiar and complying with College of American Pathologists (CAP) accreditation requirements, GLP, GCP and GMP
Candidates must possess the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level and preferably MSc and PhD
- Experienced Biochemist/Molecular Biologist with 2+ years lab research or development experience, ideally within a regulated environment
- Be proficient with HPLC, PCR, ELISA, RIA, Spectrophotometry, Flow Cytometry and Mass Spectrometry
- Great experience with Method Validation
If you are interested in this role, please respond with:
- An updated CV
- Your rate and availability
- The best time and number to reach you on
Нет, вы не подумайте, в глубине моей биографии мелькают такие слова, как "biophysics", "phospholipid" и "protein", а также в качестве методов "x-ray" и "neutron scattering", но как можно натянуть эту сову, на глобус "HPLC, PCR, ELISA, RIA, Spectrophotometry, Flow Cytometry and Mass Spectrometry "?..