Также прилагался список рекомендуемых антимедведных мероприятий:
· Remove bird feeders if a bear is in the area. Bird feeders are a huge attractant for bears on residential property.
· Secure your garbage. Store garbage indoors, in a shed, garage, or in a bear-proof container. Put garbage out on the morning of pickup, not the night before, or take it to the dump frequently.
· Pick up pet food. Feed pets only what they will eat in a single feeding or feed them indoors. Remove all uneaten food. Do not leave food out overnight.
· Cover compost piles and keep compost away from house.
· Pick up and remove ripe fruit from fruit trees and surrounding grounds.
· Clean the grill often. Do not dump drippings in your yard. Run the grill an extra 5 minutes to burn off grease.
· Don’t store food, freezers, refrigerators, or trash on porches, patios or decks.
· Talk to your neighbors. Make sure your neighbors and community are aware of the ways to prevent conflicts with bears.